Quality Assurance (QA) Lead
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Quality Assurance (QA) Lead. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in August.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Owning the QA processes and championing continuous improvement initiatives across projects and portfolios;
- Providing thought leadership on design, development, and execution of QA practice;
- Managing QA standards, process, guidelines metrics and reporting;
- Managing QA metrics/ KPI including release and operationalization criteria;
- Managing test environment needs, requirements and integration criteria for each domain;
- Ensuring compliance of testing standards and processes throughout the software development lifecycle;
- Contributing to training activities related to quality and reliability;
- Contributing to transforming testing teams to high efficiency and automating centric testing teams;
- Managing and participating in community of practice for QA to promote established standards and identify gaps; and,
- Providing coaching and support for testers.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, collegiate diploma in computer science or equivalent experience;
- Ten (10) years of QA experience in software industry in managing all aspects of QA practices;
- Technical leadership and people management experience;
- Proven experience understanding project and system requirements and functionality, to develop effective test strategies and approaches;
- Experience with manual and automation test strategies;
- Experience with QA practices within different software development methodologies;
- Up-to-date knowledge of current technologies including web and mobile development platforms (Android and iOS), multiple database platforms, virtual and cloud platforms, automation tools, web services, DevOps and configuration management;
- Knowledge and experience in implementation of various testing methodologies, working knowledge of Agile principles and practices;
- Familiarity with test automation practice and tools;
- Experienced in non-functional testing including performance testing;
- Interpersonal skills, and proven ability to flourish working in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary team, across multiple projects and multiple locations;
- Ability to promote and drive change;
- Sharp analytic and problem-solving capabilities that go beyond strict technical expertise;
- Broad IT knowledge and strong level of familiarity with a wide range of technologies and IT practices;
- Certifications in ITIL foundations and Agile (an asset);
- Experience with various tools like Jira, Zephyr and SonarQube (an asset); and,
- Experience with project management, business process improvement or management / technology consulting (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.