zOS DB2 Database Administrator
Eagle is currently seeking a zOS DB2 Database Administrator. This is a seven (7) month, contract position scheduled to start in September.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with management to provide technical expertise and leadership in the building, constructing and delivery of technology-enabled application databases, products and high-quality services that adhere to quality management and development standards;
- Assisting with the detailed solutions to business and technical issues;
- Ensuring that design specifications meet architecture, requirements specifications and development schedules;
- Assisting with the solution recommendations that have potential business and process automation impact and organization and financial impact;
- Assisting in the high-quality technical documentation, presenting it clearly to interested parties, and providing knowledge transfer to team members;
- Providing feedback to architecture or high-level solution designs, plans, requirements, testing and change/implementation review and walkthroughs;
- Integrating system solutions to handle confidential data/information and transfers between company and service providers;
- Performing system installations, DB2 upgrades, and software testing;
- Translating logical data model to physical data model;
- Building and implementing efficient databases;
- Conducting technical and detailed design walkthroughs and code reviews;
- Functioning in a support capacity to provide isolation and resolution of software issues and providing recommendations and communicating options for resolution of software issues;
- Defining data models and processing models based on the business requirements to meet the needs of the organization's information requirements and helping to determine data requirements, normalization, structure and distribution;
- Participating in defects meetings;
- Supporting all testing, creating code drop release notes and the implementation of development components;
- Providing timely reporting on work progress status to the project manager, team lead and/or manager; and,
- Following the software development methodology (agile) and databases standards.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent;
- Ten (10) plus years’ experience in design, build, configure, deploy, support, and maintenance of enterprise database solutions;
- Eight (8) plus years working experience with zOS DB2 V9/10/11, SUPRA databases;
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in developing and troubleshooting business applications supported by DB2 and SUPRA databases;
- Eight (8) plus years’ solid experience, proficient technical skills and knowledge in Z/OS, CICS, JCL, JES2, TSO/ISPF, COBOL, CLIST/REXX, SMP/E, RACF/TSS, DFHSM and throughput manager;
- Eight (8) plus years’ hands on experience and sound ability in software installation and DB2 migration (Upgrade);
- Strong knowledge of DB2 connect on all platforms;
- Working knowledge of DB2 LUW, TCP/IP, JDBC and ODBC;
- Strong troubleshooting capability;
- Good communication skills to interact with business users, functional and technical teams and other SMEs;
- Strong knowledge sharing and knowledge transferring skills;
- Ability to work in an environment of high growth and constant challenges; and,
- Ability to be a team player who takes instructions, can work in a fast pace project team with good listening skills.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.