Data Warehouse Specialist
Eagle is currently seeking a Data Warehouse Specialist for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and enhancing an existing data warehouse solution, troubleshooting issues, making recommendations to the client and working with conventional data warehouse technologies to come up with plans that best support the client;
- Multiple solutions, including an operational data store (ODS), a dimensional data warehouse and a business intelligence reporting solution;
- A key role in the analysis, design, and delivery of the various solution components;
- Working with key solution stakeholders to respond to any issues or requests that occur regarding the solution;
- Understanding of user data requirements, analysis of source data and designing data models to support analytic reporting;
- Extracting, transforming, and loading (ETL) design, development, and support for moving transactional data from source system(s) into the enterprise Operational Data Store;
- Monitoring and maintaining data integrity throughout ETL load process;
- Designing and executing data quality processes;
- Fully documenting designs, processes and procedures to align with defined solution standards;
- Performing logical and physical database design for schemas required in support of Business Intelligence tools such as Oracle OBIEE and Microsoft Power BI Perform key support contact role with user community to identify new requirements, enhance existing function, enforce data integrity and improve operational efficiency; and,
- Tuning of ETL process and user reports through coordination with users, DBA and data warehouse designer.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Seven (7) years’ experience with ETL and Business Solution Support and Maintenance;
- Seven (7) years’ experience with Dimensional Data Model (Kimball Methodology);
- Five (5) years’ experience with Data Conversions, Data Warehouse, Big Data, Business Intelligence;
- Seven (7) years’ experience partnering with sysadmin, DBA, users and others to drive cross-functional project efforts;
- Seven (7) years’ experience and ability to present complex solutions to users and management in a non-technical format;
- Five (5) years’ Operational Data Store experience;
- Five (5) years’ experience with Oracle DB / Oracle OBIEE;
- Five (5) years’ experience with Microsoft SQL Server / SSIS / SSRS / Power BI;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to think and act independently and to thrive in a dynamic environment;
- The ability to discuss and understand user requirements and map these into highly-available, high-performance system designs; and,
- Willingness to travel within Canada from time to time to support the growing business. (15% travel).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.