Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Our client requires a Security Specialist. This is a twelve (12) month contract position scheduled to begin immediately.
- The Security Specialists role is to provide vision and leadership for developing and supporting security initiatives;
- The Security Specialist directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT system, business operation, and facility defenses against security breaches and vulnerability issues;
- This individual is also responsible for auditing existing systems, while directing the administration of security policies, activities, and standards;
- Direct and apply control systems to prevent error, abuse, fraud, etc.;
- Take full responsibility for minimizing disaster threat effects and for recovery;
- Raise awareness of all levels of the organization regarding security practices;
- Aligns the security policy with policies and plans of the organization;
- Constantly review procedures for security failings and disaster recovery;
- Take leading role in originating/maintaining security policies and strategies;
- Take leading part to ensure compliance with security plans/standards;
- Manage risk analysis, disaster recovery, planning and event simulation.
- Plans, coordinates, and supervises complex informatics assignments; designs and applies new methods and procedures; and,
- May supervise staff.
- University degree or college diploma with experience in the IT industry;
- Five (5) years of experience with Key Risk Indicators and Technology Risk reporting;
- Five (5) years of experience in a highly regulated environment, specific experience with FFIEC, OSFI, PCI-DSS, SOX;
- Five (5) years of experience with competencies in technology controls, emerging threats, information security and cybersecurity;
- Has an audit or controls background;
- Proficient with technology tools including MS Office, databases and reporting tools;
- Expert knowledge of IT security and risk disciplines and practices;
- Information Security Certification / Accreditation would be an asset; and,
- CISSP, CISA, CRISC certifications would be an asset.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
Job ID# 56587