Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Project Manager. This is a twenty-four (24) month, contract position scheduled to start in September.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing the day-to-day activities and responsibilities of the project according to
the integrated project plan, local systems development plans and directives as
detailed by the PMO, business and technical subject matter experts and the vendor
to ensure key milestones and deliverables are met;
- Coordinating and aligning the development of local systems with the development of
the national system;
- Ensuring appropriate and sufficient resources have been allocated to complete the
- Monitoring progress of the various project teams to ensure timely completion of
- Managing the approval process for the project which includes preparing the appropriate reports, presentation material and documents;
- Presenting project concepts to the executives for approval;
- Providing regular project status update reports to executives, and advising on issues
- Coordinating project prioritization, organizing complex tasks and working with business,
technical and subject matter experts and other staff to ensure that deliverables are
successfully completed, and milestones are met;
- Working with the PMO to ensure in-depth understanding of the project schedule and
- Arranging meetings for various committees and working groups and ensuring proper
agendas and materials have been drafted and circulated in advance;
- Managing issues, ‘parking-lot’ items, problem areas, resolutions, and project risks
and escalating as necessary;
- Leading all aspects of the project lifecycle and working with a matrix of business,
corporate and IT partners to oversee all phases of the project including change management, deliverable approval management, decision management, escalation management, process management, project management, transition to business/operations, system development and quality management to ensure project structure is designed to achieve the intended business benefit;
- Managing expectations of stakeholders, vendors, consultants, procurement, requirement and staff resources;
- Providing progress reports covering status, risks, and issues to the project leads, the business groups and other stakeholders;
- Providing regular project status update reports;
- Ensuring that all standards are met and tracked;
- Establishing processes and mitigating strategies for managing issues and risks across
project and associated projects, including escalation processes;
- Developing, disseminating and promoting appropriate project management standards,
strategies, policies, methods, techniques and tools; and,
- Managing the project management process using best industry practices.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Ten (10) plus years’ experience;
- Ability to be results-oriented;
- Experience in managing multi-discipline and multi-jurisdictional complex, large IT and
- Ability to work with staff and the executives at the company, aligned with the requirements of the project management office and other Canadian securities jurisdictions.
- Experience with microsoft windows server 2008 and server 2012 including active directory;
- Experience using linux redhat, VMware and windows 7 professional;
- Experience using microsoft office 2016 including visio and project, internet explorer and office 365 including outlook email;
- Knowledge of nuance PDF converter enterprise v7, project portfolio management, eclipse, open text content server, DB2 and MS SQL server;
- Experience using IBM cognos, IBM case manager for investigations, IBM infosphere information server, IBM master data management, IBM integration buss and IBM operational decision manager; and,
- Experience with software such as rational application developer, bitbucket, jira and IBM forms server.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.