DevOps Security Engineer - 2nd round
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a DevOps Security Engineer. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in September.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Collaborating in the overall security design and implementation of Public Cloud infrastructure and services;
- Collaborating closely with Engineering to align the needs of the Security team with existing processes and procedures;
- Participating in the assessing, reviewing and audit application, network, host and service configurations to ensure security best practices;
- Assisting in identifying, research and implementing technical solutions to address security concerns, improve auditability or improve efficiency of our infrastructure or employees;
- Support Public Cloud infrastructure and tools implemented for security needs;
- Collaborating with the technology organization to promote process improvements to increase the security of infrastructure.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience working as an Engineer in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable experience;
- Experience in enterprise-wide deployment of security technologies;
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive;
- Ability to influence others;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; sharp analytical abilities;
- Experience hardening Linux containers and tools such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- Strong background working in Linux/Unix environments;
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and tools like Jenkins and Spinnaker;
- Demonstrable proficiency with one or more scripting languages (Ruby, Go, Python, bash, etc.);
- Extensive experience with “infrastructure as code” and “Immutable infrastructure” patterns;
- Strong understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS, DDoS detection/prevention, and network and host anomaly detection through both automated (NIDS/HIDS) and manual means;
- Familiarity with SSO/SAML utilizing Microsoft ADFS, Active Directory, Google OAuth, etc.;
- Ability to communicate technical concepts, possibilities and limitations to a non-technical audience;
- High attention to detail and constructive attitude in peer code reviews or other collaborative methods;
- Experience with Hashicorp Vault;
- Experience with Kubernetes Secrets; and,
- Experience with Artifactory/XRay.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.