Senior Data Architect
Our client requires a Senior Data Architect with proven results and experience who is a highly motivated individual. This is a two (2) month contract position scheduled to begin immediately.
The data architect is expected to bring strategic and best practice leadership in data architecture, data modelling, database development, and database maintenance for the for the initial “crawl” phase of the digital initiative program and its six (6) components.
- Develop and maintain the initiative’s data architecture and data models (e.g., logical data models) in compliance with OCIO standards and guidelines;
- Establish a framework for creating, testing, and maintaining the digital government’s database platform;
- Work with departments to understand the database needs and the data that is available;
- Build and manage the database platform to enable analytics and insights;
- Analyze any proposed business requirement changes from a data perspective;
- Analyze any proposed data model changes and apply any approved changes;
- Analyze any proposed database changes and apply any approved changes;
- Provide technical expertise in the use and optimization of data modeling techniques to team members;
- Provide technical assistance, guidance, and direction for data analysis and modeling to team members;
- Develop work plans and monitor schedules; and,
- Identify roadblocks and propose effective solutions.
The successful proponent for this assignment will have the following qualifications:
- Seven or more years of proven data architecture, data analysis, data analytics, and database design (relational and multidimensional) experience;
- Deep understanding of data maintenance, database security, database management, performance optimization, data backup, and data recovery;
- Strong SQL coding skills;
- Strong proficiency in complex queries, store procedures, triggers, and data events;
- Strong experience with enterprise level databases (e.g., MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, PostgreSQL);
- Deep understanding of NoSQL databases, Big Data, Cloud, and database as a service;
- Strong experience with Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems;
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Strong research and analysis skills; and,
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
Job ID# 56504