Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Want to work with the #1 Best Company to Work for as voted by Linkedin in March 2018?! Our client, a leading Bank in Toronto, is hiring top Big Data resources to work on leading-edge programs! Eagle is currently recruiting candidates for our client’s exclusive networking event where you will hear first-hand how the Bank is changing customer experience and how Banking is moving forward at a lightening pace.
The exclusive invite-only opportunity gets you in front of IT hiring executives with one of Canada's leading and most innovative banks. Working in an Agile environment where you can be your authentic self and have the power to make decisions and drive transformation.
What You'll Get
- A seat at the table at one of Canada's leading financial institutions
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative lab where no two days are ever the same
- Exceptional work environment
- Competitive compensation packages
- Plenty of opportunity for advancement
About the Role
The client's Data Engineering Group covers a broad range of exercises and initiatives including requirements gathering, design specification, industry analysis, vendor engagement and analysis, software development, project management, financial management, test plans and execution, and operational standards implementation. The client's highly-coveted Engineers are interspersed amongst many areas of focus: innovation, design, execution, maintenance, strategy, portfolio management. We call all of these things incredible learning opportunities and no two assignments are ever the same.
There's room to grow in all of it.
The Platform Engineer is part of the Infrastructure and Platform Design team within Enterprise Information Management. Reporting to the Senior Manager; this role is responsible for designing, building and testing an automated and resilient Big Data infrastructure and platform for the Information Excellence program. This position must work proactively with various technology and business partners to provide technical direction, support, expertise and best practices in the systems and infrastructure that encompass the Information Excellence platform. Accountabilities will include:
- Provide technical design leadership and oversight to the EIM Infrastructure & Platform Design team.
- Provide guidance to all delivery teams, ensuring all physical designs meet the IPD team's strict fault-tolerant, scalable guidelines.
- Leads or actively participates in POC/Design sessions & provides detailed template guidelines for junior engineers to follow.
- Contributes to the development of the Hadoop platform's technical design and capability roadmap, including clearly documenting the various interdependencies to ensure all platform users can design and implement components/processes and capabilities in a seamless and expedient manner
- Responsible for analyzing business requirements and recommending optimal solutions within technology architecture.
- Develop and document system and infrastructure configurations utilizing the SDLC methodology.
- Participate in the preparation of system implementation plans and support procedures.
- Provide ongoing system automation management support to Information Excellence teams and related business partners.
- Performs regular and frequent Infrastructure risk assessment and proactively addresses risks.
- Accountability for platform performance and recommendations for platform performance tuning to meet the various delivery teams' non-functional requirements
What can you bring to the Client?
- Post-secondary degree: Computer Science, Engineering or similar degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in system administration, information management, system automation and testing.
- A minimum of 1 year of Big Data and Hadoop experience preferred or strong proficiency in Linux shell scripting and system administration.
- Experience with information technology; data and systems management; knowledge of Unix/Linux especially RHEL is a requirement: Hadoop administration and utilities, Java, virtual environments, configuration and deployment automation; and knowledge of RESTful API-based web services is preferred but not mandatory.
- Demonstrated history of being self-motivated, energetic, results-driven, and executing with excellence
- Effective inter-personal skills working well with a fast moving team; able to build and maintain strong relationships with business and technology partners
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver on multiple complex projects on time.
- Good Understanding of Hadoop tools and utilities (HDFS, Pig, Hive, MapReduce, Sqoop, Flume, Spark, Kafka) and CDH.
- Strong Understanding of Linux/Unix, especially RHEL.
- Working experience using a scripting language such as Bash, Python or Perl.
- Familiarity with using orchestration systems, and automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible or Saltstack.
- Knowledge of source code repository systems and data lineage standards. In addition, ability to use revision control systems such as Git.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration and common cybersecurity elements.
- Familiarity with networking, firewalls and load balancing.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure and Virtual Environments: KVM, Docker or Kubernetes.
- Ability to debug/trace Java or Scala code an asset
- Good understanding and experience on systems automation, scheduling, agile code promotion, system access and proactive system management (DevOps).
- Experience using RESTful API-based web services and applications.
- Database experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2 or Oracle.
- Experience in process analytics and process flow documentation.
- Proactive, organized, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.