Want to work with the #1 Best Company to Work for as voted by Linkedin in March 2018?! Our client, a leading Bank in Toronto, is hiring top Big Data resources to work on leading-edge programs! Eagle is currently recruiting candidates for our client’s exclusive networking event where you will hear first-hand how the Bank is changing customer experience and how Banking is moving forward at a lightening pace.
The exclusive invite-only opportunity gets you in front of IT hiring executives with one of Canada's leading and most innovative banks. Working in an Agile environment where you can be your authentic self and have the power to make decisions and drive transformation.
What You'll Get
- A seat at the table at one of Canada's leading financial institutions
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative lab where no two days are ever the same
- Exceptional work environment
- Competitive compensation packages
- Plenty of opportunity for advancement
About the Role
The Big Data Engineers are part of the Analytics & Visualization Team within Enterprise Information Management. The role is responsible for working with internal and external technology partners to design and develop advanced analytic solutions which solve business problems, effectively communicate the findings to business and IT leaders and provide support and knowledge transfer to Analytic Developers. Our client is looking for an energetic data engineer who can drive Analytics projects into completion. Some of the tasks you will be asked to do include:
- Data preparation and transformation using Hadoop components such as Hive, Impala and Spark
- Model development using analytic and statistical tools such as Python, R and Spark ML-Lib
- Development and Deployment of Models into Production
- Develop automation and monitoring of services in Analytics platform
- Identification of the appropriate machine learning techniques to be used
- Manage project workload and ensure the development standards are respected
- Update assigned tasks in sprint management system and provide updates in line with agile methodologies.
- Provide on-going communications on project status and systems restrictions.
- Lead proof-of-concept solutions and prototyping for new patterns based on defined requirements and overseeing solution implementation
- Ensure high quality work and maintenance of standards within own area of responsibility
- Participate in project committees as necessary to provide guidance and support on ID&A technology and act as a key contact for specific business processes, projects or procedures
What can you bring to the Client?
- Post secondary degree: Computer Science, Engineering or similar degree preferred
- Proven track record of operationalizing code into Production
- Significant experience with Hadoop projects, distributed computing, data and systems management and Hadoop components such as Hive, Spark, etc.
- Exposure to Apache Spark using Scala/Python and machine learning with MLlib and/or Scikit-learn is a preferred asset
- Experience with one or more of the following is a definite plus:
- Text processing
- Previous experience with SAS
- Deep learning algorithms and libraries
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux is essential: Hadoop utilities, Java, and virtual environments;
- Strong understanding of the EETS supported businesses, their operations; and their key customers and transaction systems
- Demonstrated history of being self-motivated, energetic, results-driven, and executing with excellence
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills; uses strong communication skills to communicate complex issues in easily understandable terms
- Effective inter-personal skills working well with a fast moving team; able to build and maintain strong relationships with business and technology partners
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.