Senior Analyst, Enterprise Data Governance
Want to work with the #1 Best Company to Work for as voted by Linkedin in March 2018?! Our client, a leading Bank in Toronto, is hiring top Big Data resources to work on leading-edge programs! Eagle is currently recruiting candidates for our client’s exclusive networking event where you will hear first-hand how the Bank is changing customer experience and how Banking is moving forward at a lightening pace.
The exclusive invite-only opportunity gets you in front of IT hiring executives with one of Canada's leading and most innovative banks. Working in an Agile environment where you can be your authentic self and have the power to make decisions and drive transformation.
What You'll Get
- A seat at the table at one of Canada's leading financial institutions
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative lab where no two days are ever the same
- Exceptional work environment
- Competitive compensation packages
- Plenty of opportunity for advancement
About the Role
The Office of the CDO (Chief Data Officer) is responsible for enabling the enterprise data strategy across the bank and drive value from data as an enterprise asset. To support that, the Office of the CDO (OCDO) provides unified approaches, tools & standards for data and works collaboratively with business segments, corporate functions and technology groups to implement data strategy and supporting governance across the organization. Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) is a fundamental technology agnostic function of the OCDO and an evolving practice that seeks to establish data as a high value enterprise asset. Effective data governance supports critical business and strategic decision making, legendary customer experiences and reduced operational and reputational risk. This position will be a key contributor to the EDG team which is responsible to deliver EDG and broader Data Management capabilities to the business as part of the Enterprise Data Strategy. The role’s key accountabilities will include supporting the CDO Liaisons and working with assigned business segments / corporate functions / projects & programs to support and enable the following:
- Build out data governance and data management capabilities within lines of business
- Discover, determine & document appropriate data stewardship and decision rights
- Support key initiatives or work-streams as part of the OCDO strategy and roadmap
- Research, analyze, and report on the effectiveness of data governance and data management capabilities within the business and the OCDO
The Analyst’s key accountabilities also include:
- Supporting with the development & maintenance of the Enterprise Data Governance Program Approach and artifacts including the definition of appropriate data stewardship policies, data roles and responsibilities, and data decision rights
- Supporting the maintenance, execution and measurement of data policies, standards and guidelines
- Coordinating and scheduling workshops/meetings with Data Stewards and other business stakeholders to promote the adoption of program approach, policies, and standards
- Supporting the data change and issue management process, and facilitating the resolution of key data issues and changes
- Supporting requests for reporting and analysis of data and monitoring emerging trends, tools, and methodologies specific to DG and Regulators
- Supporting the deployment of Data Quality, Metadata Management and other data capabilities within lines of business
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of DG education tools and documents (e.g. Connections Community site, DG & templates, etc.) as well as presentation of these to applicable audiences
- Developing and growing positive and collaborative relationships with our stakeholders
What can you bring to the role and the team?
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience working in business analysis, relationship management, or project management in a Business or Business-Technology environment preferably in the financial services or related industry
- Ability to learn quickly about new business areas looking to implement data governance and data management capabilities
- Ability to quickly sift through large amounts of information, identify key issues and synthesize clear action plans
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to consider how work underway impacts other areas/projects
- Ensure timely communication of issues that are relevant to the team and make recommendations for resolution
- Ability to compile and analyze key performance statistics when required
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, ambiguous yet detail oriented environment. High tolerance for the pressure of constant change and stringent timelines
- Interpersonal and relationship management skills with a focus on negotiation and collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to present ideas and facilitate discussions to build consensus
- The ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Creative thinking and analytical skills to review other business’s work and identify areas for improvement
- Strong organizational skills
- Previous experience in data governance, data or information management is an asset
- Experience with project management or project delivery
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.