Manager, Data Strategy
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Want to work with the #1 Best Company to Work for as voted by Linkedin in March 2018?! Our client, a leading Bank in Toronto, is hiring top Big Data resources to work on leading-edge programs! Eagle is currently recruiting candidates for our client’s exclusive networking event where you will hear first-hand how the Bank is changing customer experience and how Banking is moving forward at a lightening pace.
The exclusive invite-only opportunity gets you in front of IT hiring executives with one of Canada's leading and most innovative banks. Working in an Agile environment where you can be your authentic self and have the power to make decisions and drive transformation.
What You'll Get
- A seat at the table at one of Canada's leading financial institutions
- The opportunity to be part of an innovative lab where no two days are ever the same
- Exceptional work environment
- Competitive compensation packages
- Plenty of opportunity for advancement
About the Role
The Office of the Chief Data Officer (OCDO) is responsible for leading and directing all activities related to data assets on a global basis for the bank. The OCDO is also accountable to develop and implement strategies and programs that will improve and sustain the governance, management, protection and value of the bank's data assets. This position requires strong influencing and problem-solving skills. The chosen candidate must be able to work independently and collaboratively with stakeholders, to manage multiple assignments with competing priorities successfully. The manager’s key accountabilities include:
- Review of Road Map initiatives supporting the data strategy to reconcile the business objectives and data requirements of the organization
- Leading OCDO operational activities for Enterprise Programs such as Road to Strong, Policy Compliance and others
- Developing near term plans to implement the data strategy capabilities e.g. Business Value
- Developing annual and longer term strategic plans for the OCDO
- Developing tools, templates and repositories that enable the implementation of data polices, standards and programs supporting the Enterprise Data Strategy
- Managing the distribution of policies, standards and OCDO program materials to all affected Lines of Business
- Responsible for liaising with Sr. Managers across the OCDO in support of the strategy
- Collaborating with business leaders to proactively determine emerging needs within various business segments & corporate functions
- Continually monitoring industry best practices, emerging technologies and data management trends as inputs into strategic plan development
- Documenting, socializing and publicizing the strategic plans with senior leadership
What can you bring to the role and the team?
- Ability to research and gain in-depth understanding of significant, complex and/or large scale businesses
- Interpersonal and relationship management skills with a focus on negotiation and collaboration
- Entrepreneurial, negotiation & influencing skills; stakeholder engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to present ideas and facilitate discussions to build consensus
- Ability to learn quickly about new business & functional areas
- The ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise data management
- Strategic thinking skills
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to consider how work underway impacts other areas/projects
- Ability to thrive in a face paced, dynamic, detail oriented environment. High tolerance for the pressure of constant change and stringent timelines
- Flexibility and change leadership skills are required
- Strong organizational, prioritization skills & multitasking ability
- Advanced experience working in the banking or closely related industry preferably in a relationship management role
- Problem solving & decision making
- Root cause analysis
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.