Specialist Disaster Recovery
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client who is seeking a Disaster Recovery Specialist. This is for a twelve (12) month contract position scheduled to begin immediately.
- IT planning, innovative technology solutions, and managing relationships with IT leaders, business partners and external vendors;
- Leading, developing, implementing and maintaining technical recovery processes to ensure continual operations in the event of a disaster or interruption;
- Leads and coordinates all disaster recovery activities required at time of an event including mainframe recovery, recovery support and distributed (open) systems recovery;
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in evaluating and selecting disaster recovery technologies and support all projects that have disaster recovery related risks associated with them;
- Executing existing exercise test planning coordination of Data Centre and Alternate Site recovery exercises. Lead in the development of the exercise planning project plan with the goal of assuring the teams are prepared for a successful DR exercise;
- Assuring that DR plans that support the overall recovery are in place. Participate in the oversight process with the plan owners to assure that plans align between the teams into a cohesive strategy. Assure that the plans are regularly updated and maintain readiness state;
- Assure that the DR solution supports the DR strategy and remains supportable and cost effective;
- Be on call for major disaster events that would require invocation of the Disaster Recovery plans;
- Support Crisis management in that decision making process;
- Support the coordination of Sun Life’s technical recovery response to a disaster event; and,
- Support the development and implementation of future DR solution that might include DR automation/orchestration tools for both Open/Distributed Systems and Mainframe.
Skills & Qualifications
- Technology and Recovery experience across multiple technologies and platforms including: EMC Storage (SAN), Network LAN/WAN, Mainframe, Windows/Unix server, Databases (Oracle, SQL) Virtualization, backup;
- AWS cloud and internal private cloud;
- At least 10 years of proven experience in actively leading / facilitating Disaster Recovery exercises for large scale data centre(s);
- Familiarity with storage and database remote data replication technologies;
- Business Continuity lifecycle and process experience;
- Problem solving including problem identification, cross team coordination, development of remediation actions and approaches to confirm the remediation efforts had the desired resolution;
- Leadership skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems);
- Minimum 10 years of IT and DR experience; and,
- DRI ABCP Certification (preferably CBCP certification)
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.