Intermediate Java Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Intermediate Java Developer. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in August.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in the analysis, design, and development of new data driven Web Services;
- Participating in the upkeep and maintenance of existing Web Services;
- Providing accurate estimates based on business requirements;
- Understanding and applying Scrum rules and principles in every tasks;
- Working with the infrastructure team to find innovative solutions and delivering value; and,
- Assuring the quality of the work by writing and running unit tests.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Five (5) years of experience in java development;
- Five (5) years of experience with Relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, MariaDB or other);
- Two (2) years of experience with Service Oriented Architecture (APIs and SDKs);
- Two (2) years of experience in writing unit and integration tests;
- Bilingualism (English and French);
- Experience in OOP and design patterns;
- Experience in NoSQL databases (CouchDB, MongoDB)
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, Git and Tomcat;
- Experience with Docker, Vagrant, Consul, Ereka and Rancher;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and Scrum;
- Autonomy and ability to learn;
- Attention to detail and be proactive;
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to be a team player who always put the interest of the team above all other priorities;
- Strong time management skills and work ethic (highly motivated) to manage multiple projects and accountabilities;
- Experience with PHP (an asset);
- Experience with Spring Boot (an asset);
- Experience with high volume data processing (an asset); and,
- Knowledge of major North American sports and basic comprehension of related rules and regulations (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.