Junior Network Administrator
Eagle is currently seeking a Junior Network Administrator – Spanish Bilingual for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing first level network support, equipment maintenance, and front-line customer support for all Telecom Systems under the Network Operations Center group. This includes Cisco routing and switching (IOS and Nexus), modems, satellite communications, microwave systems, and wireless (Cisco and Aruba) across Canada, the US, and Mexico;
- Providing regular after-hours on-call support;
- Working in the Network Operations Center monitoring corporate and SCADA networks;
- Troubleshooting network connectivity issues across a wide range of routers, switches, modems, wireless controllers, and other communication devices;
- Installing, maintaining, programming, and testing networking hardware (wired and wireless, cabling, etc.);
- Utilizing ServiceNow to log all requests and activities including documentation of special requests and customizations considered important for future support;
- Producing and updating process and support documentation;
- Monitoring the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network, and facility conditions;
- Communicating with customers and internal staff at regular intervals to ensure expectations are set and that appropriate attention is being paid to customer requests;
- Communicating changes, outages to appropriate contacts;
- Escalating problems to the appropriate IS and business teams within the company or external vendors as required to achieve resolution;
- Keeping current on industry products and technologies available for communications (i.e. Internet services, protocols and networking equipment); and,
- Making routine decisions and recommendations using established guidelines, procedures or polices.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Spanish speaking ability;
- A University Degree in relevant discipline;
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience with routers, switches, modems, wireless controllers, and other communication devices (Cisco, Aruba, etc.);
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience in technical infrastructure and telecommunications;
- Knowledge and experience with IP troubleshooting, TCP/IP, DNS, ping, trace route;
- Basic knowledge of routing protocols (i.e. OSPF, EIGRP and BGP);
- Experience troubleshooting circuit issues with vendors (Bell, Telus, Verizon, etc.);
- Knowledge and experience using a ITSM ticketing system such as ServiceNow;
- Experience using network monitoring systems such as Solarwinds Orion, StatSeeker and NetScout;
- Experience with Switching, VLANs, and spanning-tree;
- Experience and understanding of Network services such as RADIUS, NTP, DNS, and DHCP;
- Experience with load balancing and wireless solutions;
- Experience with Layer 1 and Layer 2 troubleshooting;
- Current Cisco certifications as an asset;
- Skills in protocol, performance, and statistical analysis is an asset;
- Beginner server and storage troubleshooting skills would be an asset;
- Strong organizational skills with a proven attention to detail;
- Exceptional customer service skills (by being courteous, knowledgeable, and professional) and communication skills (chat, email, phone, and in person); and,
- The ability to function independently and be a cohesive and complementary team member.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.