Business Systems Analyst
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently assisting our client who is seeking an IT Business Analyst for a permanent position with a top level tier organization.
The Business Systems Analyst performs a combination of three functions: business analysis, systems analysis, and project management. As a Business Systems Analyst you will be responsible for managing the customer relationship between Information Systems (IS), and one or more business areas, implementing new applications, as well as supporting and maintaining a portfolio of existing applications. A Business Systems Analyst may also provide guidance and direction to Systems Analysts and Developers.
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for:
- Manage the customer relationship between IS and specific business areas;
- Support, maintain, enhance and/or upgrade a portfolio of custom and package applications
- Analyze requests for new functionality, and document business cases to justify new application investments;
- Develop estimates of effort for design of new, and/or modification to existing, application components;
- Design application components to automate and streamline business processes and functions;
- Business area planning that includes scheduling and management of application projects;
- Understand the architecture of the applications within the groups portfolio;
- Plan, assign and monitor daily work assignments for Systems Analysts, Developers and Developer Analysts;
- Develop and maintain technical specifications and documentation;
- Troubleshoot and repair problems that occur in the everyday use of an application; and,
- Develop cost estimates for the annual IS capital and sustainment budgets.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Typically ten plus (10+) years’ experience as a Business Systems Analyst and Systems Analyst, preferably in Asset Integrity with experience implementing a Corporate Asset Integrity Management System like Plant Condition Management System;
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Sciences is preferred;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly developed analytical skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency in business modeling, process modeling, data modeling, and effort/cost modeling and estimating;
- Demonstrated proficiency in N-tier application analysis, design and development using the appropriate development environments and tools (Java Enterprise, Tomcat, MS VB.NET/ASP.Net, MS SSRS, and/or Oracle 11C&12C and PL/SQL;
- General proficiency with SQL, database design and query tools such as Microsoft Access and/or SQL+;
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities;
- Exceptional project management skills; and,
- ITIL certification preferred.
Don't miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID #56293