Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Application Developer. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in August.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing technical assistance in constructing, building and implementing web applications and systems integrations;
- Translating client business requirements and associated functional designs into technical design documentation, ensuring that the solutions satisfy all business requirements;
- Working with analysts, administrators, and testing teams to support configurations, code customizations, code migrations, and testing from system, integration, user acceptance and performance;
- Participating in technical sessions to prototype new system functionality;
- Participating in workshops with project teams to explain and gain consensus on the solutions to be developed;
- Working with systems analysts to ensure the solution meets the approved solution design;
- Performing code reviews to identify potential issues;
- Performing unit testing and troubleshooting coding issues;
- Providing support during systems integration testing; and,
- Providing coordination in release and change management processes.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Ten (10) plus years’ experience;
- Nine (9) years of Java enterprise edition experience;
- Post-secondary education in a technology related field, business administration or related field;
- Five (5) plus years working experience and knowledge with various integration technologies/protocols such as WebSphere Message Queue / Message Broker, Web Services and SFTP/FTP;
- Proven experience working with accepted methods, standards, techniques and best practices for development;
- Oral communication skills to work effectively with and discuss approaches to clients, senior management and external stakeholders;
- Written communications skills to document and communicate development specifications;
- Decision making skills to assist with decisions and recommendations on various issues and solutions that impact the projects and programs;
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle management, development and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems or products; and,
- Experience with DevOps and Angular JS.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.