Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client who has an opening for a, Technical Support person. This is for a three (3) month contract position scheduled to begin immediately.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity;
- May install software or perform hardware testing remotely;
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors;
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities;
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support;
- To facilitate and maintain security permissions as per policies on user accounts and applications via Add, Delete and Changes of user memberships, group memberships and access levels on all supporting environments. The candidate will be knowledgeable in environment(s) they are responsible for. Assist with all access and permission issues that may arise;
- Monitor all ticketing queues; provision and troubleshoot of Requests in accordance with the Work Type classification in the Application List Master File;
- To provide professional and courteous support to the business community, answering the majority of all issues presented in order to meet the departmental objective for issue resolution;
- The candidate will use all available resources to ensure a timely first call resolution rate;
- To assist in the isolation, investigation and resolution of all applicable applications and account access issues, without exceeding departmental boundaries;
- The candidate will also provide management with detailed analysis of all presented issues and distribute all changes identified as workarounds or fixes within the group and other technical support groups;
- To manage TASKs and Incidents within the ITStore ticketing system within defined SLAs;
- Ensure the department's objectives are met by providing guidance to team members, providing input to the department's technical standards, keeping current on rapidly changing technological trends, self-teach new technologies, maintaining an understanding of the division's business and technology strategies;
- Work with internal development and or infrastructure groups and business units to identify issues and develop solutions accordance with security.
- College Degree in computer related field or equivalent training required;
- 2 - 4 years’ experience required;
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time; and,
- Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software and internet directory services software.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.