Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Application Developer for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in August.
This position may require travel outside of Canada (USA and Mexico) and the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain a US work permit.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and enhancing a suite of tools used to support ongoing safe, reliable, and efficient operation of CPM systems. These tools assist in the maintenance, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, corrective action, and administration of these systems;
- Developing, enhancing, and supporting software tools used in the leak detection engineering team. These tools include but are not limited to service monitoring applications, testing and validation tools, support tools, and online monitoring systems;
- Program in .NET languages (specifically C#);
- Working in a testing driven development process to produce high quality deliverables;
- Creating, troubleshooting, validating, and testing software tools;
- Providing problem solving, continuous improvement and standardization efforts for Leak Detection-related work processes;
- Managing the integrity and life cycle of the software tools in the leak detection engineering team;
- Supporting Control Room requests for incident investigation and models for pipeline controller training;
- Performing testing of all project work in a development environment and be responsible for the safe, reliable implementation of all work in a real-time production environment; and,
- Providing 24-hour support to the pipeline control centers on a rotational on-call schedule.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline;
- APEGA Engineer In Training designation or eligible;
- A strong academic knowledge of Computer Science and associated subjects, including a strong practical knowledge and demonstrated application of all aspects of the software development life cycle;
- Experience programming in .NET languages (specifically C#);
- The ability to critically analyze situations and to troubleshoot software problems;
- Sound scientific method of gathering, analyzing and reporting on data;
- Experience in Application Support and/or problem resolution in time-critical situations;
- Familiarity with computer programming languages (FORTRAN, C#, etc.); and,
- Prior SCADA, CPM (Computational Pipeline Monitoring) or similar experience and the ability to learn complex software applications will be considered an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.