Data Governance Advisor
Eagle is currently seeking a Data Governance Advisor for a five (5) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Review and QA of complex data requirements, data designs, data models (beyond single system);
- Gathering and validating metadata and data models using enterprise tools including Azure Data Catalogue;
- Reviewing data risks and recommend priority data set that require data governance based on business strategy and business strategic priorities;
- Consolidating information from business subject matter experts and determine requirements for data governance;
- Working with Business and other personnel to establish Data Owners and Data Stewards for priority data;
- Recommending appropriate scope of data stewardship teams;
- Creating and maintaining the subject area and conceptual data models and ensure data under governance is properly classified to these models;
- Providing technical direction in data design methodologies and standards;
- Participating in solution definition, evaluations, RFP’s, POC’s and technical decisions in the area of data design and modeling as required;
- Creating and sustaining practical data integration information useful to understand how data moves within business processes and across software applications;
- Defining and evolving Data Governance methods;
- Establishing, tracking, and communicating key performance indicators for the data governance practice as justification for the evolution of the practice;
- Recommending and championing the evolution of methods and tools used for data governance including championing funding requests for personnel and tool upgrades;
- Documenting and communicating standard methods, best practices, and tools used for data governance;
- Working with other data governance subject matter experts across the company to consolidate methods and tool standards where practical;
- Conducting activities that share knowledge regarding data governance practices including Lunch and Learn sessions and internal user conferences; and,
- Ensuring business decisions and business processes are using accurate information.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A University Degree or Diploma from a recognized institution with specialization in Computer Science, Information Management, or Computer Engineering fields;
- Four plus (4+) years’ directly related work experience;
- Expert level understanding of relational database concepts, dimensional database concepts, Big Data / NoSQL, and associated database architectures;
- Experience with Enterprise Architecture or Data Architecture certifications equivalent training will be an advantage;
- Extensive experience architecting OLTP/OLAP databases with enterprise modeling and mapping tools like Visual Studio, Oracle SQL Developer Data Modeler, Oracle Data Integrator, SQL Server Integration Server, etc.;
- Experience and familiarity with data analysis/visualization, data modeling, data quality, data access, and reporting design software tools is an advantage;
- Experience with GIS technology and the spatial enablement of data asset is an advantage;
- Competent SQL skills for multiple platforms;
- The ability to produce formal written deliverables including data models, technical standards and guidelines, investigations and recommendations, presentations and briefings, future state roadmaps, and meta-data catalogs for business and technical use;
- Effective interpersonal skills especially in the areas of written and verbal communications and facilitation;
- The ability to work independently or on a team to drive solutions with minimal supervision;
- Flexibility, be highly motivated, and a quick learner; and,
- The ability to manage multiple priorities and successfully meeting critical deadlines.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.