Citrix Consultant/Project Manager
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a Citrix Consultant/Project Manager. This is a twelve (12) month contract position scheduled to begin in August at a top tier organization.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, Integrated Technology Management, the Consultant will be the subject matter expert and coordinator working in collaboration with other team leads providing technical guidance, overall strategy, planning, design, implementation, testing, support and optimization of the Citrix production and non-production environment, applications and tools. The candidate will execute the following:
- Gather, analyse, and evaluate business requirements and constraints, evaluate existing conditions, develop technical requirements, develop design document and drawings, develop implementation plan and configuration sets, develop verification/testing plan, create/update as-built architectural drawings;
- Provide recommendations regarding the improvements to operations, project planning, and project implementation;
- Perform architectural planning and design, as well as configuration and integration support within project delivery and ongoing consultative engagements;
- Lead design, performance engineering or problem resolution during project life cycle;
- Plan and work as a technical lead for the project, ensuring their timely and successful completion;
- Authors Design Document and maintains documentation for all project life cycle including but not limited to standards, processes, project management, drawings to ensure high quality service and support on an ongoing basis;
- Perform ongoing and proactive assessments of the XenApp farm health;
- Assist in the implementation and testing of Disaster Recovery plans for Citrix environment;
- Assist in configuration activities including test planning and cutover activities;
- Perform operational support for existing Citrix, Microsoft Windows Server environment, and IT infrastructure environment as required or assigned; and,
- Performs related duties as required or assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary education in computer science, information technology, or related discipline;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Must be able to forecast the scope, provide WBS and be able to documents all phases of Project Life Cycle as required by the Project Manager;
- Minimum of 7 years' demonstrated experience in Citrix architecture design, configuration, implementation, and testing, support and optimization of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop experience in a large scale enterprise environment;
- Demonstrated experience implementing at least three (3) large scale XenApp/XenDesktop projects in last 7 years;
- Demonstrated experience in configuring, implementing, testing and supporting optimizing two or more of the following technologies: NetScaler, MCS, Storefront/Web Interface;
- Minimum of 7 year demonstrated experience with Microsoft Windows Server Operating System/Terminal Services and in particular, recent experience with Windows 2012/2016 configuration, implementation, performance tuning, support and preventive maintenance;
- Demonstrated experience in developing proposals, creating architecture documentation, drawings and other relevant documentation as required;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to lead meetings and present complex information to staff and management team of multiple skill levels. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or with team members with little supervision; and,
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills as well as superior organizational qualities in order to meet tight deadlines as well as coordinate, prioritize and communicate project status to stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge in Citrix XenApp technologies including but not limited to Application Virtualization (XenApp), Desktop Virtualization (XenDesktop), Server Virtualization (VMWare);
- Extensive knowledge of XenApp 7.X, XenDesktop 7.x, Desktop/Application Streaming and packaging, Storefront, NetScaler, Secure Gateway (CSG) and Resource Management Services (RMS), Installation Management Services, Branch Repeater and Access Gateway (CAG) with Advanced Access Control, Application Profiling;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft products and technologies including but not limited to Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server Operating System, Windows 10 Operating System, Active Directory Services, Group Policy, Microsoft Terminal Services, Microsoft App-V, Microsoft SQL and DNS;
- Extensive knowledge in Citrix environment assessments, health checks, installation, management, application testing, administration and upgrades;
- Working knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell and VB; and,
- Working knowledge of project management software, such as MS Project.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 56143