AML Data Analyst (Level 1)
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for an AML Data Analyst (Level 1). This is a six (6) month contract position with a top tier organization, scheduled to begin immediately.
The Investigator, using an end-to-end and risk-based approach is accountable for conducting investigations into flagged unusual account or customer activity to:
- Firstly, determine if the activity is unusual/suspicious or not as it relates to suspected money laundering or terrorist financing, or otherwise reportable, (i.e. sanctions screening) and secondly;
- To ascertain if a continued relationship with the customer or customers represents an unacceptable risk.
- If the identified activity is determined to be suspicious the investigator is accountable for filing a Suspicious Transaction Report to FINTRAC within prescribed guidelines and statutory timeframes;
- Review information escalated from lines of business or generated from internal AML management systems to identify and report suspicious transactions;
- Conduct investigations using the Bank’s various, diverse internal and external data systems and retrieval processes to gather evidence supporting a reasonable suspicion of money laundering, organized crime or terrorist financing activities involving the Bank’s customers;
- Collect and analyze a wide variety of information related to system or manually generated alerts to identify persons and entities that may be laundering money or funding terrorism;
- Conduct a comprehensive review within established prescribed processes/guidelines set by the AML leadership team of high risk clients and assess risks posed, and provide a final recommendation to maintain/de market client based on assessment and risk of client;
- Identify unusual activities and behaviors across multiple products, analyzing and assessing information and referring all transactions that may relate to money laundering or terrorist financing for further investigation or reporting as outlined in documented processes and protocols.
- An undergraduate degree (preferred), graduate degree or professional designations would be an asset.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 56073