Senior Technical Support
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is assisting our client in the search for a Senior Technical Support. This is a twelve (12) month contract position with a top tier organization, scheduled to begin immediately.
- Individuals within the IT Operations job family are responsible for activities that contribute to the day to day running of IT infrastructure technologies and managing the life cycle of delivering standard components in IT;
- The life cycle includes component installation, maintenance and decommissioning;
- Primary responsibilities include support and maintenance, production scheduling and control, reports distribution, print center operation, ensuring support for agreed upon IT service levels, as well as backup and recovery capacity for any of the IT infrastructure component areas;
- This includes the following broad technology areas: computer servers and storage support, network and voice support, market data support, security administration, database administration, web administration and data center management;
- IT Operations professionals may undertake project work such as implementation of new technology infrastructure to support new business initiatives, including infrastructure deployment or upgrades, communication with vendors and liaison with other IT teams;
- User and Production Support professionals are responsible for providing all IT support services to their clients, maintaining the production environment and working with other IT departments to ensure the delivery of requests;
- They are primarily responsible for identifying production issues or taking support calls from their business clients and for managing production incidents from inception to resolution. This often involves working with application developers or engineers to ensure solutions meet long term goals;
- They may also undertake a wide variety of project work;
- This could include the following areas: implementation of new technologies; testing and roll-out of configuration, application and operating system upgrades; deployment of security hot-fixes and patches; addressing Audit and Regulatory requirements;
- Individuals within the IT Operations job family must develop deep technical knowledge becoming subject matter experts in their specialist fields;
- This expertise can be leveraged in the delivery of the firm’s IT strategy, either within a narrow business focus or broadly across the firm; and,
- User and Production Support professionals must have excellent client relationship skills and a solid understanding of the IT business.
The successful proponent for this assignment will have the following qualifications:
- Working knowledge of industry standard architectural tools, processes and frameworks;
- Detailed familiarity with relevant IT systems, where appropriate;
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices and process improvements;
- Awareness of range of activities / tasks pertaining to applicable work area / function;
- Familiarity with procedures and service requirements relative to the role;
- Works with minimal supervision, while monitoring and executing a number of time critical actions in support of daily production schedules;
- Proven ability to analyze and solve a wide range of technical problems;
- Detailed operational knowledge of systems relevant to field of work in terms of functionality and capability and / or detailed knowledge of services provided within the related field;
- Financial skills to manage budgets where appropriate;
- Project and / or people management skills gained through previous experience, where appropriate;
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent, and 3-5 years of applied technical experience;
Supervisory experience is preferred.
- AIX (2), ORACLE (3), PRO*C (1), WEBLOGIC (2), RETAIL (3)
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 56068