Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Business Analyst for a one (1) year contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading analytical initiatives including benchmarking, industry intelligence, and trends analysis for the purpose of aiding in the development of business solutions and site and market specific strategies;
- Creating ad-hoc reports, reporting troubleshooting, and analyzing the financial performance of the Retail department on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Identifying exploitable business opportunities by completing comparative analytics and recommending opportunities for business growth based on those analytics. Particular focus on creating data visualizations in order to effectively communicate trends with senior management and field staff;
- Process ownership and improvement are also core responsibilities in the areas of capital deployment, site maintenance spend, new site acquisition, and new retailer on-boarding, budgeting, forecasting and reporting;
- Assisting senior personnel in preparing documents, graphs, and status reports;
- Acting as a key participant in all phases of research for the purposes of formulating strategy, discovering opportunities and defining requirements to advance the business. In addition, the role requires competencies in change management and continuous improvement to always seek out new, and challenge existing ways, of discovering profit opportunities;
- Providing quarterly forecasting and weekly/monthly analysis of retail business (identifying key areas of concern and resolutions, as well as recommending actions as appropriate);
- Development of innovative Data Visualizations using Spotfire, rollout and training to users, and maintenance of data tables;
- Preparing documents, benchmark reports, status reports, and budget reports;
- Reviewing existing business processes and modify as required to improve efficiencies and profits;
- Assisting senior personnel in preparing documents, graphs, status reports, and presentations to support business decisions and strategies;
- Monitoring and reporting on market trends and their effect on business strategies; and,
- Supporting Retail group on ad-hoc reporting and other initiatives.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Commerce, Economics, or related field;
- Two (2) years in an analytical role such as Project Controls or Financial Analysis;
- Two (2) years’ experience in analysis of financial statements;
- Two (2) years’ experience analyzing data and transforming that data into summarized forecasts and intelligence for decision-making;
- Two (2) years’ advanced skills in MS Excel including Pivot Tables and Dashboard creation;
- Experience using Spotfire or a similar Business Intelligence tool such as PowerBI to create data visualization;
- Previous experience in the retail sector is nice to have;
- Understanding of different streams of oil and gas and their interconnected roles is nice to have; and,
- Proficiency in SAP (BI Reporting Module) is nice to have.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.