Eagle is currently seeking a Project Manager. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in July.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing organizational projects, business application development and technology integration;
- Planning and organizing of each project according to the priorities established by the systems development branch;
- Providing formal and ongoing leadership to team of architects, infrastructure specialists, analysts and developers;
- Ensuring the allocation of resources as well as the distribution and revision of work within each project;
- Understanding the processes and standard work methods and ensuring that the team understands, applies and respects them;
- Negotiating deliverables, project schedules and costs associated with services provided by external vendors or other services as required;
- Coordinating the services offered by team to meet the current and changing needs of clients;
- Maintaining and developing partnerships and relations;
- Maintaining dynamic, constructive and quality communication between the various teams and stakeholders;
- Ensuring realistic and rigorous planning of projects considering risks and constraints;
- Ensuring that project plans are up-to-date and practicing proactive project management;
- Practicing proactive monitoring of project progress and report against budget, plan, requirements, quality measurement criteria, standard processes and milestones;
- Acting as liaison and facilitator between the project team and other IT groups to ensure project requirements are met and the current project plan reflects changes in project scope, costs and other requirements; and,
- Mastering project management tools and adhering to project management good practices.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer management or equivalent;
- Bilingualism (english and french);
- Fifteen (15) years’ experience in computer science;
- Ten (10) years’ experience in IT project management;
- Ten (10) years’ experience in project management life cycle;
- Ten (10) years’ experience using MS project, excel and powerpoint;
- Ten (10) years’ experience in budget management;
- Ten (10) years’ experience in integration package software project;
- Experience in business technology and infrastructure project delivery;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of PMI project management reference framework;
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization, including colleagues, staff and at executive level;
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external stakeholders;
- Customer service focused and ability to proactively meet the needs of customers and business partners;
- Leadership, time management and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated initiative and innovation to improve the efficiency of processes;
- Commitment to developing professional and personal skills as well as those of team members;
- Experience in the insurance industry (an asset);
- Experience with guidewire (an asset);
- Experience in agile (an asset); and,
- Certification in PMP (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.