Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Cloud Engineer for a three (3) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Deploy and maintain enterprise class security, network and systems management applications within an AWS or Azure environment;
- Ability to evaluate cloud application requirements and make recommendations for implementation, deployment, provisioning, and operation;
- Continual re-evaluation of existing stack and infrastructure to maintain optimal performance, availability and security;
- Maintaining cost controls, and billing strategies;
- Design and implement availability, scalability, and performance plans for the AWS or Azure environments;
- Implement process and quality improvements through task automation;
- Deploy infrastructure as code, security automation and automation or routine maintenance tasks;
- Pursue a rigorous, disciplined approach to software development process and automation;
- Develop, test and maintain build and deployment scripts to automate and deployment processes;
- Drive the Operations team toward automation and deployment best practices;
- Lead efforts in automation, continuous deployment, build, and configuration management;
- Manage system and application performance and KPI’s; and,
- Provide level 2 support for incidents.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field;
- 5+ years of relevant systems engineering experience
- 2-5 years’ of AWS experience;
- 2-5 yeas of Azure experience;
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar;
- Code in typical scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Python, AWS Lambda Coding);
- Experience with Visual Studio, TFS Server, and Github;
- Understanding of Infrastructure as a code, and related data formats JSON, XML, Cloud Formation, Terraform;
- Understanding of Windows, and Linux OS’s and deployments;
- Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management;
- Knowledge or experience in a 24/7 always-up, always available services;
- Knowledge of cloud networking and routing concepts;
- Experience in a professional services or banking environment is preferred;
- Knowledge of, or certification in ITILv3, ISO27001, and SOC 3;
- Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service, cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape;
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking and logical structuring skills;
- Self-starter, able to work solo and part of a cross functional team; and,
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, Give us a call now @ 1-800-281-2339 and quote Job ID# 56003 or apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.