Security Project Manager
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Security Project Manager for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in July.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing Project Management for enterprise deployment of Information Security projects using project management systems and best practices;
- Developing project plans, schedules, and resource requirements to drive projects to closure and facilitate good communication among cross-organizational teams and ensure appropriate exposure of issues and challenges;
- Working with Infrastructure Services, Solutions Delivery, and the Information Security Office to define project plans, monitor progress, resolve issues, and communicate as appropriate;
- Developing and managing deadlines and activities;
- The successful development of project components on schedule and on budget while ensuring that the work product conforms to specifications and is functionally acceptable to the Information Security Office and key stakeholders;
- Managing the staff and vendor resources engaged to perform the work;
- Monthly status reports and presentations (if required) about key projects;
- Managing a project of high budget and/or highly complex information security risk mitigation projects using project management systems and best practices;
- Ensuring projects are strategically aligned and effectively mitigating information security risks identified by the Information Security Office;
- Developing and implementing procedures and automated processes to monitor compliance with information security policies and frameworks;
- Developing and executing a cross-corporation governance plan to ensure that there is appropriate representation and participation from other departments for the project;
- Delivering training for employees on security policies, procedures, risks, and guidelines;
- Assessing available resources, coordinate and allocate work to staff and consultants and identify internal individuals or teams for ongoing support;
- Managing multiple stakeholders, developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships;
- Resolving conflicts between groups, stakeholder, and client by way of strategic analysis, research, advice, and issue management on a variety of daily matters; and,
- Identifying, managing, and mitigating project risk and address information security risks by organizing, managing, and driving projects resulting from risks and recommended mitigation identified.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Engineering, Computing Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline;
- A Master’s Degree in a related field would be an asset;
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Project Management, and Change Management would be an asset;
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in an enterprise IT or Information Security environment with an emphasis on project management and development;
- A minimum of seven (7) years progressively responsible experience in a project management role;
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary teams accountable for large, politically sensitive, innovative, and complex projects in a large, public sector environment;
- Strong background in Information Technology with a clear understanding of the challenges of information security;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to identify and fix security risks;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Team working skills to develop security solutions in collaboration with other information technology professionals and business areas;
- Proficiency with applications, tools, and methodologies used to organize, manage, report progress, and deliver projects;
- Experience designing, recommending, and implementing information security processes and procedures;
- Experience with managing and making decisions and/or recommendations related to project structure, scope, budget, timeline, resourcing, and governance;
- Experience making decisions related to identification of major issues and risks and appropriate strategies and tactics to be used in responding to resolve challenges and manage emergent issues;
- Experience developing and recommending strategy, scope, and plans for projects, business process improvements, change and transition and execution of those plans;
- Experience developing methodologies and techniques to support senior management in their decision making that aligns with corporate strategic direction for the discipline of project management; and,
- Experience establishing the contracting and procurement strategies in coordination with internal and external consultants and project staff.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.