Senior Test Automation Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Test Automation Specialist. This is a four (4) month, contract position scheduled to start in July.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Facilitating communication with the team and with other groups to ensure that test automation designs such as scripts, data and expected results are clearly understood and all test automation requirements are met;
- Upholding the standards and expectations set forth by management and ensuring company guidelines, strategies and procedures are followed;
- Providing updates and status reports to the test lead, test manager or project manager as appropriate;
- Working closely with different functional and technical groups to resolve and prevent issues, ensuring thorough automated testing from both a business and technical architecture perspective, and understanding related support and production issues;
- Converting requirements and design documents into a set of automated test cases, scenarios and scripts, ensuring compliance with methodology;
- Analyzing data, recommending improvements and compiling reports based on findings;
- Creating test scripts for change requests and project changes based on functional or technical design documentation;
- Performing defect tracking and coordinating QA activities;
- Performing application specific and integrated end-to-end complex automated testing of key business processes using available tools and applications; and,
- Participating in product readiness and release decisions and providing test sign-off documentation.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five to eight (5- 8) years’ experience in automating business application or software tests;
- Strong experience analyzing and understanding functional, technical and non-functional requirements in a variety of application environments;
- Experience designing, creating, executing, and troubleshooting automated test cases, scripts and scenarios;
- Experience designing and implementing common test automation frameworks to maximize efficiency and minimize maintenance costs;
- Experience using and leveraging automated testing tools;
- Experience with agile;
- Ability to conduct accessibility testing;
- Good understanding of QA methodology such as test plans, test cycles, and software release;
- Familiarity with devops tools and processes;
- Experience with mendix or PaaS or 4GL (an asset);
- Experience in teamcity, git, eclipse, maven and jira (an asset);
- Experience with mobile testing and load/performance tools such as jmeter (an asset);
- Experience using HP ALM and QTP (an asset);
- Experience with jira, zephyr or similar test management tools such as sonarqube (an asset); and,
- Experience in continuous testing within CI/ CD construct.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.