Business Systems Specialist (Legacy Systems Support - COBOL)
Eagle has an opportunity for an experienced Business Systems Specialist to join a team at a top tier organization for a permanent career opportunity.
Our client offers Flexible and competitive benefits package Competitive company pension plan Employee Share Purchase Plan Annual Fitness Subsidy and 3 weeks’ vacation to start.
The Business Systems Specialist is responsible for:
- Analyzes, Implements, maintains and documents system software;
- Diagnoses, isolates and debugs software problems and performs problem resolutions;
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system;
- Supports implementation of application programs; fixes bugs when they occur;
- Participates in post-implementation reviews of both application development content and process to maximize and share learning;
- Leads the analysis of organizational needs for the development and implementation of applications;
- Ensures that systems are developed which meet their business needs and specifications;
- Ensures the operating efficiency of existing application systems;
- Maintains records for the documentation of systems development and revisions;
- Ensure adherence to best practices for enhancements and support; ensure adoption and adherence to defined support processes (e.g. incident management, request management, etc.); and,
- Designs and codes applications programs as needed; creates test transactions and runs tests.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Science or equivalent practical experience;
- Proven expertise in Analysis and Problem Solving;
- Experience with providing on-call support to customers;
- This role requires participation in a 24 X 7 on call support rotation;
- Experience with supporting complex, integrated systems;
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and somewhat independently;
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle;
- Knowledge of Testing Strategies;
- Knowledge of programing best practices;
- 3+ years of practical experience in with using a wide variety of programming languages(i.e. Cobol, IMS, DB2, CICS, JCL);
- 3+ years’ experience with diagnosing, isolating and debugging software problems;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Team player, skilled at working in a highly collaborative manner;
- Proven strong communication skills - both written and oral - with technical and non-technical staff and with management; and,
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where continual change is routine.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID #55913