Voice/Collaboration Network Architect
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Voice/Collaboration Network Architect for a six (6) month contract position, scheduled to begin in July.
Responsible for the following:
- Performs network design activities for assigned IS projects:
- Determines the scope of network design, unique requirements, risks to the business;
- Defines technical requirements including security implications;
- Identifies design guidelines, aligning with clients architecture, industry standards, best practices;
- Develops solution designs, including drawings and design documents ;
- Delivers solution implementation guidelines;
- Identifies design and project risks;
- Produces recommendations to reduce design complexity and costs;
- Provides implementation support and guidance;
- Provides orientation and guidance to less senior designers and contractors
- Oversees and provides quality assurance on vendor technical services; and,
- Other tasks as required.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Prioritization skills and the ability to manage numerous and complex activities simultaneously;
- A critical thinker with excellent communication and collaboration skills;
- Ability to apply decision making tools and techniques quickly and accurately;
- A self-starter with a proven track record for working with minimal supervision and able to execute work independently;
- Strong conflict resolution, problem-solving, and facilitation skills.
- Diploma or degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or related field;
- Minimum 8 to 10 years’ experience in network technical infrastructure design;
- A current advanced certification; CCIE Collaboration strongly preferred;
- Well versed in conceptual, logical and physical network design;
- Natural Gas and Liquid Pipeline domain knowledge, in depth working knowledge of SCADA and control applications in an industrial networking environment;
- The ability to document and communicate network solutions to project stakeholders;
- The ability to create both roll out and back out plans to integrate solutions into the production network;
- Hands on implementation skills required;
- Experience with design of networking technologies that may include:
- Large-scale Cisco Communication Manager (CUCM), messaging, presence and conferencing solution Architecture, Design and Installation;
- Knowledge of Video Conferencing, TelePresence and Spark solutions;
- SIP and Session Border Controllers;
- Legacy PSTN technologies;
- Enhanced 911 call routing;
- Quality of Service;
- Switching, spanning tree, port channels, QoS, IP addressing and subnetting;
- Design and Planning of overlay networks (FlexVPN and DMVPN);
- IP routing protocols (BGP, OSPF and EIGRP);
- Wi-Fi planning and configuration;
- Deployment of wireless WAN technologies including VSAT and cellular; and,
- Next generation firewalls, IPS and LAN security features.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
JOB ID# 55909