Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Systems Administrator. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in July.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Monitoring and resolving incidents related to infrastructure systems and applications;
- Initiating corrective actions to resolve system and infrastructure application errors;
- Logging and documenting production problems, identifying recurring problems and recommending preventative measures;
- Answering calls from application support groups or systems engineers, identifying problems, resolving or escalating as required; and,
- Interacting with systems programmers, server, database and network support staff to maintain responsive and available infrastructure for the application.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree;
- Bilingualism (english and french);
- Seven (7) years’ experience in Solaris UNIX systems;
- Seven (7) years’ experience in SUN hardware;
- Seven (7) years’ experience in Shell scripting;
- Skills in solaris virtualization experience;
- Knowledge of UNIX systems management, servers, solaris UNIX systems and support and diagnostic tools such as shell scripts;
- Experience in multiple UNIX base operating systems (an asset);
- ITIL foundation certification (an asset);
- Knowledge of service now ticketing tool (an asset);
- Understanding of SAN and networking (an asset); and,
- Strong ability with technology.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.