Eagle is currently seeking a Network Designer for a six (6) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing a robust LAN/WAN across diverse and environmentally challenging locations;
- Assisting with troubleshooting and problem resolution throughout the project;
- Following strong technical documentation practices and is able to effectively communicate knowledge to other team members;
- Working effectively with various sizes of highly focused and geographically dispersed teams while managing resistance to change;
- Functioning effectively under the stress of conflicting priorities and deadlines;
- Translating customer need into IS business requirements;
- Planning and scheduling LAN/WAN rollout and communicate effectively with teams and clients;
- Proactively running diagnostics to identify potential problems that may impact implementation; and,
- Troubleshooting errors and system malfunctions, working with team members to resolve in a timely manner.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- A Computer Science Degree or Technical College Diploma with a minimum of seven (7) years infrastructure solutions design experience;
- Five (5) to ten (10) years infrastructure operations experience preferred in addition to required solutions design experience;
- Seven plus (7+) years of experience in designing and implementing robust LAN, WAN, and Data Centre solutions for large enterprises in diverse environmentally challenging locations;
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience designing and deploying routed networks, utilizing common routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP;
- Three plus (3+) years’ experience designing and deploying firewall solutions and deploying secure tunneling protocols, Cisco platforms preferred;
- A manufacturer certification in networking such as a CCNx, JNCIP-x or similar;
- Broad understanding of the solution characteristics and parameters needed to deliver voice, video, and TCP/IP data, including QoS and Multicast;
- Experience with Load Balancing, F5 preferred;
- Experience with WAN optimization technologies;
- Scripting abilities to automate common network analysis, i.e. Perl/Python/Ansible;
- Technical leadership skills, with at least three (3) years’ experience leading large projects; and,
- Experience with Oil and Gas industry desirable.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.