Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Technical Writer for a twelve (12) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating complex documentation material in accordance with documentation standards;
- Supporting writing of several documents, assessing instructions and documentation to ensure they meet user acceptability tests and requirements;
- Conferring with the client to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication;
- Developing and testing complex user scenarios that assess applicability and usability of documentation;
- Analyzing business and user needs, documenting requirements and designing documentation intended for business and IT audiences;
- Working with internal business units to seek understanding and obtain collaboration on documentation requirements;
- Auditing existing documentation in accordance with internal audit requirements or as a result of organizational or infrastructure changes;
- Reviewing and approving edits or changes in scope, format, and content made to material prepared by other technical writers or establishment personnel;
- Maintaining an accurate understanding of internal knowledge-sharing processes to ensure delivery of requested information at the right time;
- Maintaining detailed knowledge of the business's current technology and infrastructure and keep current on knowledge sharing methods, tools and techniques; and
- May be responsible for maintaining a documentation library.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Business or related field;
- Certification in Technical or Business Writing - would be an asset;
- 3-6 years technical/business writing experience;
- Must be able to lead information discovery meetings; and
- 3+ years in a similar role.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.