Video Editor, Digital & TV
Eagle is currently seeking a Video Editor, Digital & TV for a twelve (12) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- End to end editing of HD/4K promos for use in conventional broadcast and social media in both English and French;
- Editing along multiple points on our 4K post production workflow from ingest to finishing;
- The effective operation and use of editing hardware including colour correction consoles, audio consoles and digital waveform monitors;
- Working from storyboards or client briefs to create promos;
- Creative input and problem solving to meet client’s project goals;
- The effective operation of FCPX, Motion 5 Adobe After Effects, Adobe Encoder;
- Ingesting and organizing media files from a variety of sources and exporting to several specifications;
- Importing and exporting graphics, audio files, projects, sequences and libraries in a (small) networked environment and to external clients;
- Media file and project file management in a multi-user environment;
- Audio mixing and sweetening for direct broadcast use;
- Corrective functions such as colour correction and dropout removal;
- Packaging, promotional material, episodic programs, and long format documentary, and maintaining various 4K components;
- The understanding of editing/mixing within ATSC A/85 loudness guidelines; and
- Collaborating with clients to provide them with a high quality of service and finished product.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- Candidate must be fully bilingual (written and spoken);
- A post-secondary education with emphasis on technical and production standards is preferred, as well as a high degree of creativity and organizational skills;
- Minimum 5 years full time experience in non-linear editing and advanced television or commercial production techniques is required;
- The ability to communicate ideas and vital project related information to others;
- The ability to work alone with minimal instruction;
- Knowledge of FCPX work environment; and,
- Proficiency in Adobe After Effects.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.