Video Editor, Digital & TV
Eagle is currently seeking a Video Editor, Digital & TV. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in September.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Editing of HD/4K promos for use in conventional broadcast and social media in both english and french;
- Editing along multiple points on 4K post production workflow from start to finish;
- Effectively operating and using editing hardware including color correction consoles, audio consoles and digital waveform monitors;
- Working from storyboards or client briefs to create promos;
- Creative input and problem solving to meet client’s project goals;
- Effective operating of FCPX, motion 5 adobe after effects and adobe encoder;
- Ingesting and organizing media files from variety of sources and exporting to several specifications;
- Importing and exporting graphics, audio files, projects, sequences and libraries in a small networked environment and to external clients;
- Managing media files and project files in a multi-user environment;
- Audio mixing and sweetening for direct broadcast use;
- Correcting functions such as color correction and dropout removal;
- Packaging, promotional material, episodic programs, and long format documentary, and maintaining various 4K components;
- Understanding editing and mixing within ATSC A/85 loudness guidelines; and,
- Collaborating with clients to provide them with a high quality of service and finished product.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Bilingualism in both writing and spoken;
- Five (5) years full time experience in non-linear editing and advanced television or commercial production techniques;
- High degree of creativity and organizational skills;
- Ability to communicate ideas and vital project related information to others;
- Ability to work alone with minimal instruction;
- Knowledge of FCPX work environment;
- Proficiency in adobe after effects; and,
- Post-secondary education with emphasis on technical and production standards (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.