Cognos Systems Administrator
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Cognos Systems Administrator. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Working with management to provide technical expertise in planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, migrating and post implementation support of cognos solutions;
- Documenting and providing detail inventory of cognos reports in the current cognos 8.4 solutions to be migrated to a new solution;
- Identifying issues and remediating cognos 8.4 reports during migration;
- Providing cognos development expertise to address defects during system and user acceptance testing and production implementation phases;
- Assisting to identify and troubleshoot problems as they arise which may involve interacting with other teams for resolution; and,
- Working with management to provide technical assistance, advice and guidance to company IT staff and business clients in response to enquiries on the functionality of cognos tools, and data in related data marts to ensure efficient and un-interrupted services to the business users.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Degree in computer science, math, engineering or equivalent work experience;
- Ten (10) plus years’ combined experience in installation, configuration, troubleshooting, implementation and supporting business intelligence and reporting using IBM Cognos version 8 and 10;
- Ten (10) plus years’ expertise in systems administration covering IBM cognos, RDBMS, data mart and data warehouse including support of IBM cognos migration from version 8.x to 10.x;
- Ten (10) plus years’ hands-on experience with server activities using linux and AIX operating systems;
- Five (5) years’ experience with cognos analytics development and migration best practices;
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Strong understanding of software development lifecycle and agile methodologies;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to write thorough and concise installation, configuration and operational guides such as build book and run book documentation;
- Ability to brainstorm with others, thrive in a collaborative team environment, multi task, and quickly adapt to change; and,
- Desire for personal and professional growth by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.