Please Note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, January 19th
Java Technical Lead
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Java Technical Lead. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Contributing and leading the development team on key projects;
- Focusing on hands-on architecture, designing and developing multi-tiered distributed applications as a core member of an engineering team;
- Identifying, assessing, recommending, and implementing modern development and continuous integration technologies and practices to increase team’s effectiveness and efficiencies;
- Working with cross-functional senior stakeholders and business partners to successfully deliver projects on time and with highest quality;
- Providing the technical guidance and leadership to intermediate and senior engineers;
- Providing support for applications in production and other environments;
- Promoting agile practices and helping drive consistent development practice, including tools, common components and documentation;
- Conducting code reviews, code merges and deployments to various environments; and,
- Working closely with product owners to prioritize features in ongoing sprints and backlogging and managing technical requirements for successful delivery of projects.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Seven (7) plus years of progressive experience with java/JEE, linux and DBMS technologies;
- Experience with java/JEE application architecture, design, development and testing;
- Hands on experience in an agile development team;
- Experience in service-oriented architecture, database design and web services design and development using SOAP, REST and XML/JSON;
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design, and expert knowledge in algorithms and design patterns;
- Knowledge of UML for designing and documentation;
- Knowledge of core java concepts, multithreading, garbage collection and memory management;
- Expert knowledge in java unit testing, continuous integration and jenkins;
- Experience with development, administration and deployment using application servers such as jboss EAP, tomcat, weblogic or websphere;
- Experience working with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational and non-relational databases, as well as writing complex SQL queries;
- Knowledge of network and security protocols, encryption, authentication and authorization;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners;
- Experience with micro-services and container technologies such as docker, vagrant, kubernetes (an asset);
- Experience with atlassian software development and collaboration tools such as jira, butbucket and confluence (an asset);
- Experience in front-end technologies such as angularjs, jquery, express, bootstrap, CSS, less, kendoui, node.js and webpack (an asset);
- Knowledge of ESBs such as jboss fuse (an asset); and,
- Mutual fund applications and financial applications experience (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.