DevOps Deployment Analyst
Eagle is currently seeking a DevOps Deployment Analyst for a permanent opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a DevOps Deployment Analyst
- Design, build, test, and document complex automation solutions using agile methodologies.
- Can implement complex on premise and cloud platform, design and create deployment pipelines, platform tooling, and monitoring.
- Manage virtual platform and environments, including deploying and monitoring VMs.
- A desire to learn and experiment using different tools, technology, and methodologies.
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability.
- Can implement unit testing, system testing, performance testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Handle multiple demands and competing priorities while ensuring deliverables are met.
- Prepare accurate estimates for all tasks and can validate estimates of others.
- Understand concepts of project management, will be responsible for the definition of development plans including scoping, scheduling and implementation.
- Make key decisions, include determining the most appropriate platform to complete development requests and quality assurance for others.
- Develop processes and procedures to organize workflow that ensures quality, precision and timeliness of outputs.
- Provide leadership including technical mentoring/coaching and support for other team members.
- Provide recommendations on the use of technology to further Company goals and objectives.
- Manage group situations with business partners and provide facilitation of meetings.
- Communicate clearly, both written and verbally.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Clearly explain problems, potential solutions and status to business partners and peers.
- Manage own time and schedule within overall project plan, can effectively control scope of own work as well as the work of more junior personnel.
- Timely communication, escalates own issues and potential team issues appropriately to leads or managers.
- Complete individual status reports on time and to the detail required, may be responsible for reporting at a team or project level.
- Active participant, contributor and leader in group discussions. Performs as an effective team member within the team and department.
- Provide technical mentorship to team members.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Ensure follow-up communication with IS and business partners to validate functionality of delivered solutions, functions and bug fixes.
- Train end users to operate new or modified user solutions.
- Maintain a familiarity and working knowledge of operations policies, procedures, operating practices and products.
- Maintain familiarity of Company business strategies and objectives.
- Adhere to legislation and security procedures as they pertain to the responsibilities of the team.
- Understand and adhere to standards, conventions and guidelines, as defined. Responsible for the development of standards, conventions, and guidelines.
- Responsible for research, recommendations and application of emerging products, languages and technologies in support of technical efforts.
- Responsible for applying industry best practices in development, architectures and SDLC methodologies through the recommendation and development of standards and best practices for the team.
Skills and Qualifications of a DevOps Deployment Analyst
- Seven or more years and considerable skill in working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering of software products to market. Can train others.
- Excellent knowledge of virtualization and IaaS, ideally VMWare, Microsoft Azure and Windows Server.
- Excellent understanding of IP networking, network security firewalls, and load balancing.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office product line and opportunities.
- Seven or more years and broad knowledge of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) and related practices and techniques (continuous integration, continuous deployment and delivery, code reviews).
- Must have demonstrated user interaction/support experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Seven or more years of programming experience working with source control, complex applications, web technologies, unit testing frameworks, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, GIT, Visual Studio Team Services and SQL Server.
- Seven or more years of experience deploying and maintaining machines in a virtual environment (e.g. VMware).
- Seven or more years of experience with platform automation tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible, or Puppet).
- Excellent understanding of DevOps and Agile.
- Financial sector experience (preferably in banking) is considered to be an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.