DevOps Deployment Lead
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a DevOps Deployment Lead for a permanent contract opportunity, scheduled to begin immediately.
Key Responsibilities of a DevOps Deployment Lead
- Design, build, test, and document complex automation solutions using agile methodologies.
- Can implement complex on-premise and cloud-platform designs and create deployment pipelines, platform tooling, DevOps dashboards and monitoring.
- Manage virtual platform and environments, including deploying and monitoring VMs.
- A desire to learn and experiment using different tools, technology, and methodologies.
- Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability.
- Can implement unit testing, system testing, performance testing, and can work with QA to implement appropriate user acceptance testing.
- Can analyze and implement DevOps metrics on deployment processes and use them to improve processes.
- Handle multiple demands and competing priorities while ensuring deliverables are met.
- Prepare accurate estimates as inputs into the planning process for initiatives.
- Make key decisions, include determining the most appropriate platform to complete development requests.
- Develop processes and procedures to organize workflow that ensures quality, precision and timeliness of outputs.
- Provide recommendations on the use of technology to further Company goals and objectives.
- Accountable for the maintenance of developed automation solutions and dashboards.
- Monitor application performance through testing, schedule and perform application improvements and upgrades as required.
- Serve as an escalation point for the Service Desk on applications supported by the team. Liaise with IS and business partners to assist in resolving reported problems.
- Has troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to deliver solutions to problem areas of high complexity and can provide business and / or operational impact assessment. Can communicate potential solutions and information as required.
- Major contribution in the creation of disaster recovery plans pertaining to supported solutions.
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adoption issues.
- Lead the development and maintenance of system documentation, help files, user manuals and guidelines.
- Maintain a familiarity and working knowledge of operations policies, procedures, operating practices and products.
- Maintain familiarity of Compamy business strategies and objectives.
- Adhere to legislation and security procedures as they pertain to the responsibilities of the team.
- Understand and adhere to standards, conventions and guidelines, as defined. Responsible for the development of standards, conventions, and guidelines.
- Responsible for research, recommendations and application of emerging products, languages and technologies in support of technical efforts.
- Manage group situations with business partners and lead meetings.
- Communicate clearly, both written and verbally.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Clearly explain problems, potential solutions and status to business partners and peers.
- Manage own time and schedule within overall project plan, can effectively control scope of own work as well as the work of the team within the organization.
- Timely communication escalates own issues and potential team issues appropriately to leads or managers.
- Complete individual status reports on time and to the detail required, may be responsible for reporting at a team or project level.
- Active participant, contributor and leader in group discussions. Performs as an effective team member within the team and department.
- Provide leadership including technical mentoring/coaching and support for other team members, development teams, and operations teams across the department.
- Flexible and adaptable in regard to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Ensure follow-up communication with IS and business partners to validate functionality of delivered solutions, functions and bug fixes.
- Train end users to operate new or modified user solutions.
Skills and Qualifications of a DevOps Deployment Lead
- Seven or more years and considerable skill in working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivering of software products to market.
- Excellent knowledge of virtualization and IaaS, ideally VMWare, Microsoft Azure and Windows Server.
- Excellent understanding of IP networking, network security firewalls, and load balancing.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office product line and opportunities.
- Seven or more years and broad knowledge of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) and related practices and techniques (continuous integration, continuous deployment and delivery, code reviews).
- Must have demonstrated user interaction/support experience and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Seven or more years of programming experience working with source control, complex applications, web technologies, unit testing frameworks, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, GIT, Visual Studio Team Services and SQL Server.
- Seven or more years of experience deploying and maintaining machines in a virtual environment (e.g. VMware).
- Seven or more years of experience with platform automation tools (e.g. Chef, Ansible, or Puppet).
- Excellent understanding of DevOps and Agile.
- At least three years' experience leading DevOps or Agile teams.
- Financial sector experience (preferably in banking) is considered to be an asset.
- Post-secondary education plus seven or more years of job related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with ITIL (preference for ITIL certification) considered an asset
- Technical designations are valued but not required at this time.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.