Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Desktop support. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing and supporting PC hardware and associated software for use on the corporate network or stand-alone;
- Assisting in the monitoring and maintenance of centralized or networked computer hardware or software;
- Supporting networked or standalone PC clients and providing onsite technical support for desktop operating system, corporate applications and peripherals;
- Preparing and installing desktop computers and installing software in accordance with current standards;
- Testing desktop computers to ensure readiness for delivery;
- Assisting with research and testing of workstation configurations, new software and compatibility to enable all required applications to function correctly and be readily supported and maintained;
- Resolving problems associated with installation and use of desktop productivity software and maintaining related documentation;
- Providing further evaluation or analysis of escalated service desk incidents, determining underlying problems and documenting resolution;
- Undertaking work orders as assigned and providing clear communications and regular updates to business clients;
- Conveying required information for input to the hardware and software inventory system;
- Assisting with development of office procedures and user documentation as assigned; and,
- Ensuring activity status is reported to keep help desk and work order tracking systems current.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Knowledge of computer science field with emphasis on network technology;
- Qualification for microsoft certified professional in windows server AD or SMS, A+ or N+ certification;
- Certification in information technology information library foundations;
- Experience with service now;
- Three (3) year community college program in computer science (an asset); and,
- Certification as help desk professional (an asst).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.