Senior Mainframe Developer
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Mainframe Developer for a six (6) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting and analyzing large scale applications and systems;
- Collaborates with architects, software engineers, business system analysts and testing specialists to deliver high quality solutions;
- Creating required documentation such as design documents and participates in peer reviews;
- Collaborating with architects, designers, business system analysts and testing specialists to deliver high quality solutions;
- Providing coaching to development team and peers on tools, techniques and processes;
- Contributing to defining timelines and project plans; analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time and scope;
- Executing development work as required; and,
- Staying current with trends in emerging technologies and how they could apply to Sun Life.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- A University Degree / College Diploma or equivalent experience;
- A Minimum of 5 years of progressive information technology experience with full application development life cycle and systems integration experience;
- Excellent working knowledge of the IBM OS/390 mainframe environment;
- A solid experience and understanding of TSO/ISPF, DB2, JCL and other mainframe utilities;
- Knowledge of the financial and insurance industries;
- Working knowledge of the Cobol / PLI and SAS development languages;
- Understanding of MQ Series and other middleware technologies; and,
- LOMA Certification.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.