Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking an Application Packager for a nine (9) month contract opportunity, scheduled to begin in June 2018.
Key Responsibilities of an Application Packager
- Plan and execute application installation testing, analysis and remediation on assigned applications ensuring operability in a Win 10 and environment (e.g. shimming, security exceptions, etc.). This includes engaging clients, technical teams, and vendors as required to resolve identified issues;
- Support VDI compatibility testing, analysis, remediation and evaluation on assigned applications. This includes engaging clients, technical teams, and vendors as required to resolve identified issues;
- Validate application requirements including licensing and versioning; identify software/peripheral dependency impacts by working with key internal and external stakeholders; conduct client interviews to understand their clinical / business requirements; identify other unknowns as appropriate;
- Engage and support clients in conducting functional testing and user acceptance testing on packaged applications including obtaining client sign-off;
- Evaluate and guide optimal application delivery method, and package applications as appropriate using a suite of packaging tools and methodologies including;
- AdminStudio Repackager, Installshield, and Microsoft App-V sequencer;
- Create installation documentation following template and strict guidelines from service provider;
- Manager, Application Planning and Readiness for support where required.
Skills and Qualifications of an Application Packager
- Strong demonstrated experience in deploying applications in various virtual environments with a strong focus on VDI; Citrix would be an asset;
- Strong experience with Win 7 and/or Win 10 application installation testing and remediation;
- Strong experience with functional testing and user acceptance testing;
- Must have experience in preparing application deployment type in a managed environment (e.g. SCCM, manual install, etc.);
- Strong demonstrated experience in packaging applications using a variety of methodologies including AdminStudio Repackager, Installshield, and Microsoft;
- App-V sequencer;
- Ability to translate clinical and business needs to technical solution requirements;
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to resolve technical issues;
- Excellent demonstrated analytical and technical skills;
- Excellent communication skills (able to engage users and manage testing expectations);
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Past experience creating Manual Installation Instruction Set documentation;
- Knowledge of virtual technologies including VDI, XenApp, VMWare / VMSphere,Hyperconverge, Unidesk, Uniprint, Nutanix and cloud / managed services is an asset.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.