Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a System Administrator for a four (4) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing assistance in the development and maintaining of the Unix/Linux infrastructure services based on the banks standards - Maintaining up to date documentation;
- Configuring, implementing and trouble shooting any issues that involve unix infrastructure services;
- Assisting in the identification, development and maintenance of policies and procedures that are relevant to the proper operational functions of the Unix infrastructure;
- Assisting in the evaluation of new unix related products and providing detailed results to be incorporated in the management summary reports.
- Assisting in presenting to the Unix admins with education materials to ensure that the UNIX Support groups are current with Unix infrastructure design and implementations;
- Maintaining operational readiness, ensuring rapid and complete recovery in the event of a catastrophic disaster. Conduct testing on regular bases, as outlined in the company’s policies and procedures, to ensure DR functionality. Update the policies and procedures as required;
- Using the available Unix tools to monitor the environment and identify any issues which could be of a risk;
- Providing assistance in project management functions during all stages of requirements rollout including: assessment, planning, initiation, implementation and management; and,
- Updating the capacity-planning model for the Unix environment. Make recommendations to management on the requirements to increase capacity when required.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- 7+ years of experience with Solaris 10/11 - administration, migration, updates;
- 7+ years of experience with RedHat- monitoring, engineering, virtualization, optimization;
- Experience with NIS, NFS, Solaris Zones, LDOMS;
- Experience with Symantec Storage Foundation & Cluster Services;
- Experience in a large enterprise environment (100+ servers); and,
- 7+ years of experience with Scripting - shell/perl scripting.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.