Eagle is currently seeking a Help Desk. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing support for all end user hardware and software including the operating systems, office applications, various custom applications and printers;
- Supporting windows 7, peregrine tickets and HP service manager;
- Providing timely resolution of system and application problems as dispatched by the help desk through problem determination, ownership, root cause, problem logging and following through to completion;
- Implementing hot fixes, patches and updates;
- Maintaining records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities; and,
- Reading technical manuals, dialoguing with users, or conducting computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Certification, college degree or BA in computer technology or equivalent training;
- Bilingualism (french and english);
- One to two (1-2) years’ experience in call center or computer customer service;
- Hands-on experience in the troubleshooting and break/fix of equipment;
- Knowledge and experience on call center management system;
- Knowledge of windows XP/VISTA/2000 and LAN/WAN environment;
- Familiarity with MS office suite, blackberry, and MS outlook;
- Advanced knowledge of industry standard hardware and software;
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and break/fix of applications and hardware;
- Ability to read and comprehend specialized technical documentation, as required;
- Ability to perform light manual labor such as lifting monitors or PC’s;
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent calls and tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent verbal communication skills and documentation skills;
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends and rotating on-call after hours support;
- Customer service orientation;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to correctly follow procedures and work independently to achieve results;
- Organization skills and ability to prioritize activities with strong time management;
- Certification as a microsoft certified professional at W2K stream or above (an asset); and,
- Certification as microsoft certified systems administrator (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.