Linux Patching Scripting and Automation Specialist
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Linux Patching Scripting and Automation Specialist for an eleven (11) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Interactions with vendors as it relates to vulnerabilities and impacting (or high risk) defects;
- Performing In depth analysis on patch requirements, and developing action plans for execution of patching updates that will remediate vulnerabilities as expected;
- Building & executing patch/install strategy on Linux systems;
- Providing/document change execution procedures as required by the Change Management process and tool;
- Enhancing and further developing existing patching scripts and processes to reduce complexities and increase throughput in patching;
- Evangelize automated solutions to target end-user communities to increase adoption;
- Working with Engineering and other technology partners to convert existing application support documented instructions into scripted commands, deploy and test outcome;
- Providing guidance to technology solution partners in development of best practices automation for application development and deployment;
- Leading, developing, testing and rollingout automation use cases; and,
- Mentoring team members to ensure design and development conforms to framework, best practices and standards – (workshops, code moderation, etc.).
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- Confidence & a willingness to contribute//Excellent communication skills;
- Flexible evenings & weekends;
- 5+ years of experience with Linux Administration;
- 5+ years of experience with Unix or Linux shell scripting;
- 5+ years of experience with patching for Vulnerability Management; and,
- 5+ years of experience with change management in large corporate environments.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.