Senior Database Administrator
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Database Administrator. This is a six (6) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the manager of engineering, infrastructure and applications;
- Providing technical expertise in the management of application databases, database design and development, and performance analysis;
- Continuous performance improvement program which includes SQL tuning and new server implementation;
- Updating capacity management estimates and reports;
- Technical lead on projects for the database team;
- Technical escalation for database performance issues;
- Working collaboratively with database development for performance tuning;
- Working collaboratively with developers with database design and how it impacts operations;
- Creating the process for the operational DBA team to follow in the future;
- Working with database development team to ensure the correct improvements are selected;
- Knowledge transfer for other senior and intermediate DBA’s; and,
- Deployment and release management of program.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Post-secondary education in information technology or computer science and relevant field experience;
- Ten (10) years’ experience with microsoft SQL server including configuring, implementing and supporting large high availability SQL server environments and experience with clustering, log shipping and database mirroring;
- Five (5) years’ experience in microsoft SQL always on availability groups;
- Two (2) years’ experience with SQL 2014 or above;
- Five (5) years’ relevant database PowerShell experience;
- Five (5) years’ experience in performance tuning, SQL 2008 or above;
- Working knowledge with storage technologies within the last 4 years;
- One (1) year experience in SQL distributed availability groups;
- Expert knowledge routine maintenance, backup, recovery and server failover related to the DBMS; and,
- Availability to occasionally work after hours, weekends and on-call support.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.