Please Note: Due to scheduled maintenance, the Eagle Job Board will be unavailable Saturday, January 19th
Disaster Recovery Technical Architect
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking a Disaster Recovery Technical Architect for a twelve (12) month contract position, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Reviewing the Disaster Recovery System implementation (People, Process and Architecture/Technology) – documenting current implemented solutions, methodologies, gaps, deficiencies to produce a final current state document;
- Re-engineering the Disaster Recovery System (People, Process and Architecture/Technology) - documenting items and areas for corrections, changes, improvements, introduction of new methodologies and technologies where appropriate, options and best practices. A solution design proposal document, including strategic project plan, for disaster recovery re-engineering and implementation methodologies; and,
- Creating a Roadmap document identifying the value proposition (Effort, Cost, Risks and Benefits) of the best value go forward recommendation. This must include an implementation plan and a change management plan.
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate must have:
- A University/Community College degree in Computer Science / Electronic Engineering or equivalent a definite asset. Applicable Certifications in Infrastructure, Architecture, Disaster recovery planning, Engineering, Project Management or equivalent a definite asset;
- The ability to work in a matrix environment, with minimum supervision, to facilitate and coordinate the development of a Disaster Recovery Solutions in a complex Technology and Business Environment;
- Clear understanding of Business/Technical Requirements, Statement of Work, and Strategic Plan creation as they apply to projects;
- Solid understanding of System Development Life Cycle and other methodologies;
- Minimum of five years of Infrastructure and System Architecture experience in a strategic development environment;
- Extensive Project Management experience in all facets of technology (unit, functional, integration, system, regression, penetration, and performance) is required;
- Demonstrated experiences in the successful execution of enterprise wide technology projects across multiple sections, units, stakeholders and teams;
- Experience in strategy creation and transition to execution for a large project/program;
- Strong knowledge of Disaster Recovery methodologies and experiences in disaster recovery planning;
- Experience in Cloud Technologies, IaaS, PaaS, etc;
- Thorough understanding of Cash Flow analysis and NPV, ROI, calculation methods, etc.;
- Demonstrated Working knowledge of Server, SAN, MiddleWare, and Database and Application Development technologies; and,
- Understanding of VMWARE Virtualization Technologies an Asset.
Don't miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.