Wireless Access Equipment Engineer
Eagle is currently seeking a Wireless Access Equipment Engineer. This is an eight (8) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Producing engineering documents based on internal guidelines required for any moves, ads and changes on the network;
- Work order preparation detailing transmission and IP configuration design, dc power dimensioning, RBS and BTS interface assignments and equipment details in support of network projects involving GSM, UMTS/HSDPA, LTE, IP, paging, interconnect and wireless network services and features;
- Regular interaction with various engineering departments, field operations, project management, vendors and other internal customers in resolution of engineering problems and issues associated with a project;
- Ensuring proper configuration and integration of new transmission network equipment into the network and that engineering designs follow established principles and adhere to company’s standard;
- Ordering necessary transmission, power, IP and auxiliary equipment required for implementation of projects;
- Supporting field technicians and project managers in answering technical questions related to a project and providing engineering support to operations and contractors during implementation of work orders and cutovers; and,
- Maintaining up-to-date documentation on network configuration and approving and documenting field changes to ensure that access network documentation is current and reflects the network image.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent;
- Bilingualism (english and french);
- Experience in engineering, building or maintaining large telecommunications networks;
- Working background in documentation, core networks, broadband transmission, GSM, UMTS/HSDPA, LTE, IP, paging, interconnect, data transmission, dc power engineering and equipment engineering;
- Knowledge of IP;
- Familiarity with OSPF and BGP routing protocols;
- Working knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 IP networks;
- Experience writing configurations for cisco devices;
- Ability to work as a member of multi-discipline project teams on multiple projects in an environment of shifting priorities;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written; and,
- Experience in advanced level microsoft office such as word, excel, powerpoint, visio, access and database applications.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.