Software & Infrastructure Tester
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently looking for a talented Software & Infrastructure Tester to join our client’s Toronto office where you'll be working with a fantastic team on a variety of solutions. This is a six (6) month contract opportunity scheduled to start in July.
Day to Day Responsibilities
As a Software & Infrastructure Tester your main responsibilities are:
- Learn all of the various software, hardware and integration components;
- Work with the PMO Test Lead to develop a testing plan, generate and execute test scripts / cases;
- Execute technical testing and regression testing according to the testing plan, record and confirm defects / bugs, generate testing result documents as required and communicate testing results with the developers and business users;
- Complete user acceptance testing to ensure proper functionality as required;
- Participate in the business requirement workshops, team meetings, resolution discussions and testing planning sessions;
- Provide knowledge transfer and/or training to the Enterprise Applications Sustainment Centre (EASC) team members and to project team members on the testing standards, procedures and processes, including the business knowledge of test cases;
- Work with internal and external stakeholders including vendors, support teams etc. throughout the life cycle of the project;
- Actively participate in team activities relating to the project;
- University/Community College degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and considerable years of progressively more responsible experience working on large-scale information technology projects or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience;
- Considerable experience in implementing large-scale cloud-based Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) projects;
- Extensive demonstrated experience in writing test documentation (test plans, test cases, test scripts) and generating test data;
- Solid understanding of Quality Assurance (QA) Methodologies and experience executing various testing activities such as, Acceptance testing, System Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, End-to-end testing and Performance testing;
- Experience with testing integrated solutions including web front end, back end, geospatial, telephony systems etc.;
- Minimum of seven (7) years QA test experience on large, complex IT projects within a mixed environment;
- Minimum of two (2) years QA test experience on large scale call centre IT projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with various levels of stakeholders;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment;
- Certification in Software Quality Assurance or equivalent is a definite asset;
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle including Waterfall and Agile approaches for example Scrum;
- Experience using Automated Test frameworks and tools such as HP Quality Centre (LoadRunner, QTP, Test Director), IBM Rational tools, Apache JMeter, Toad, etc.;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of SQL in Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server environments;
- Experience in tracking problems and defects within a large project and producing defect reports to senior management;
- Experience using Katalon Studio for web and API automated testing. Ability to script test cases with Groovy in Katalon Studio and knowledge of using Jira for managing agile projects as well as Zephyr testing tool.
Don’t miss out on this excellent career opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.