Technical Specialist x 2
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking two (2) Technical Specialists. This is a twelve (12) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and facilitating in-depth workshops with IT department and business areas to elicit review, confirming and documenting functional specifications, business process re-engineering, information management architecture, data mapping, business models, and transformation rules and user interface design;
- Assisting in the design and development and delivering new reporting and analytic products based on requirements provided using a wide range of BI tools such as Congos, Power BI, SAS;
- Conducting impact analyses and assessments including AS-IS and TO-BE analysis and provide recommendations of options/solutions based on analysis;
- Assisting in the delivering of new reporting and analytic products based on requirements provided using a wide range of BI tools such as Cognos, Tableau and SAS;
- Assisting in the facilitation and document the ETL process, including translating system design into program design specifications and other technical artifacts;
- Assisting in the creation and execution of data validation processes to ensure reliability and integrity of data solutions provided to the business;
- Providing support to the project Quality Assurance framework and processes (e.g. requirements traceability matrix);
- Coordinating and facilitating in-depth workshops with business areas and IT to elicit review, confirm and document business and technical requirements for reporting solutions;
- Constructing data mapping and data lineage documentation from Source to Landing;
- Participating in Functional system workshops and Business Process Workshops to assist in the identification of data, reporting and analytical requirements and gaps;
- Remediating existing analytical products to meet business needs;
- Constructing briefing materials and providing status updates to management;
- Identifying opportunities and solutions to automate and streamline reporting and analytical solutions delivered to the business;
- Performing work on application enhancements or modifications;
- Participating in technical design workshops, support options analysis and selection of appropriate technical solutions;
- Constructing information solutions required by business areas in various applications and platforms;
- Ensuring and assisting in the implementation of solutions to extract and consolidation data across different applications and platforms;
- Investigating, analyzing and resolving data model and ETL code issues;
- Researching and analyzing potential data acquisition processes for data repositories;
- Assisting in the planning and coordinating testing activities including developing test strategies, test plans, identification of test scenarios and test cases to ensure successful implementation of deliverables; and,
- Reviewing and providing input on IM architecture and infrastructure required to support an integrated data platform. Constructing new and efficient ETL processes for data provisioning and data integration required for new reporting and analytic products.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Five plus (5+) years’ professional experience in Information Technology or Information Management;
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience with Business Intelligence methodologies, and Technologies like Relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MySql, DB2), OLAP, Visualization Business Intelligence Tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview), Enterprise Business Intelligence Tools (e.g. Cognos, SAS) and ETL (e.g. SQL, Information, Datastage);
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience with different Programming languages e.g. Java, SQL, VBA;
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience in constructing and customizing operational and analytic reporting solutions;
- Excellent communication and relationship skills;
- Experience being a senior member of a design, development project team building; and,
- Business Intelligence and reporting solutions experience.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.