Intermediate Aboriginal/Indigenous Relations
Sorry, this job is no longer available. Please Search for Jobs to conduct a new search
Eagle is currently seeking three (3) Intermediate Aboriginal/indigenous Relations Resources for one (1) year contract opportunities, scheduled to begin immediately.
The successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Implementing the Aboriginal Relations Policy and corporate strategies with regards to Indigenous Relations Engagement, Indigenous Relations Business Engagement, and access to land;
- Supporting delivery of Indigenous Relations Engagement and Indigenous Relations Business Engagement;
- Providing subject matter guidance to business units/project teams working in, or near, Indigenous traditional territories or communities;
- Identifying local Indigenous community/business capacity to participate and match that with the client’s business needs while working collaboratively with business units/project teams and colleagues;
- Reviewing, supporting, and monitoring contractor performance related to Indigenous participation in collaboration with business units/project teams;
- Providing ongoing management of Indigenous vendor database for use on current and upcoming projects;
- Supporting the development and updating of communication materials for Indigenous communities and contractors related to Indigenous Relations Business Engagement; and,
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidates must have:
- A Post-secondary education, a Degree or Business Diploma /certificate, coupled with six plus (6+) years of experience in Stakeholder Engagement, Indigenous Relations, Land, Environment, Communications, Anthropology, or Archaeology (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered);
- Knowledge of federal and provincial regulatory processes and consultation guidelines;
- Experience engaging with Indigenous groups and working with representatives and community members to resolve complex issues;
- Demonstrated ability to work with Indigenous groups to identify opportunities to support capacity building;
- Experience developing principled reciprocal business relationships;
- Experience supporting large scale/infrastructure procurement processes and associated contracts;
- Experience supporting projects within a formal Project Management environment will be considered an asset;
- Experience writing regulatory submissions and responding to inquiries from regulators will be considered an asset;
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and communication skills including public speaking;
- Proven team player with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and execute on assigned tasks;
- Desktop application skills and knowledge;
- Experience with high performing teams - encouraging accountability for results; and,
- A valid driver's license.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.